[blindkid] graded paper feedback

Carol Castellano carol_castellano at verizon.net
Mon Dec 15 22:02:30 UTC 2008

I think it's really important for little kids to get direct
feedback--like little bits of Stikki Wikki next to items that need to
be corrected, or brailled comments stapled onto the page.  Without
the feedback, I don't think they have an equal chance of making the
most of their education.

That said, I agree with others that the next level is for the child
to take responsibility for going to the teacher after school or
whenever to find out the comments.  I don't remember when Serena
started doing this, but I think it was in high school.  That way by
the time the student goes to college, he/she is used to taking the
initiative about this.

Carol