[blindkid] Victor Stream questions

DHammelIA at aol.com DHammelIA at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 21:26:50 UTC 2008

My wife and I both have one and love them.  It will play the digital  talking
books downloaded from the NLS website now.  To play the cartridges  it will
require a separate adapter that will go on the back.  It is also a  very
capable MP3 player and will read books from bookshare.

It does require that you purchase a SD card to store all the media  on.

One of our 5 year olds just loves music.  So we took all his CDs  ripped them
to the Computer then put them on the Victor.  We bought a boom  box and now
we can play music all day without having to reload the CD player all  the time.

It works much like an Ipod or MP3 player but has no visual display and is
totally accessible speaking all the commands as you push the controls.

The small speaker it includes is OK for listening to books not so great for
music.

Dave Hammel