[blindkid] When your child realizes she's different....

Carrie Gilmer carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:35:51 UTC 2008

Dear Melissa,
It makes me shudder, and still, when I find people teaching who have no
business in the classroom. I am so glad you are going to be a teacher, there
will be one more who definitely belongs in the classroom and is partnering
with parents to bring children in to reach their full potential. I hope
teaching is healing for you in some way too.
I really enjoyed meeting you in Colorado last week. I hope I can visit your
classroom someday and observe you teaching. I thank you for you candidness.

Carrie Gilmer, President
A Division of the National Federation of the Blind
NFB National Center: 410-659-9314
Home Phone: 763-784-8590
carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
www.nfb.org/nopbc