[blindkid] When your child realizes she's different....

bjhgac at charter.net bjhgac at charter.net
Wed Nov 19 21:38:47 UTC 2008

I remember when Iris was about four years old, she asked to get her ears pierced.  When I questioned her further, she said that she wanted to do it "because then I could see myself in the mirror like Heather (her sighted cousin)."  We talked more about being blind and also that having pierced ears had nothing to do with being able to see.  To this day, she's no longer interested in getting her ears pierced <g>!

Not really pertinent to the conversation, just that it was the only time she spoke about being different (so far).

Bonnie