[blindkid] RFB&D fundraising

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Feb 16 19:16:59 UTC 2009

Michele:

I don't mean to stir things up, but I don't think Carol is being closed-minded.

RFB&D describes a kid for whom Braille wasn't working -- so they had
to use RFB&D's recorded books presumably.  You describe a kid with
good Braille skills.  If it is the same kid, then which is true.

It is RFB&D who is doing wrong by trying to raise money for its
service by saying that Braille doesn't work.  They are the ones
polarizing people.  This negative kind of fund-raising won't help
them in the long term.  Maybe there is a reason that they recently
had to lay off 32 people.

Dave