[blindkid] parents need to learn braille too

Debby B bwbddl at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 02:35:06 UTC 2009

We have run into this often, especially in math! My knowing Braille, and having Winona go over a paper with me when she does poorly usually results in the proper grade. Often the aides don't know Braille very well, or they are rushing. Often we discover the problem happened in the Brailling. Sometimes when they adapt things they neglect to adapt the answer key.  Winona recently received an F on a test. In looking it over we discovered the questions didn't even match the choices Winona had. We're meeting to discuss that and show the classroom teacher next week.

 Debby
bwbddl at yahoo.com
www.nfbflorida.org/parents

Please support Braille literacy and programs for our youth by sponsoring me in
the Motor City March for Independence! Better yet, join the team of the FL Parents of Blind Children!
http://www.marchforindependence.org/goto/debbyb