[blindkid] Braille reading speed

Andy & Sally Thomas andysally at comcast.net
Mon Mar 9 22:48:02 UTC 2009

Even something that shows how fast braille can be read would be helpful.
Our school district insists that it is not possible to read braille as fast
as print.  I can give them anecdotal information about the fast braille
readers I know but they choose not to believe it could be true.  While I
don't expect my son to read as fast as the fastest readers, I think that the
teachers and administrators should know that it is possible.  Everything
that they find published shows slower speeds for braille readers than print
readers.  The expectations for blind kids are based on this data.

Sally Thomas