[blindkid] School cane O/M Issues

mark feliz felizfamily5 at msn.com
Wed Oct 21 03:20:01 UTC 2009

        I am a 47 year-old blind adult and I certainly use my long white
cane inside familiar areas. Yes, I may tend to remember how many hallways
and doors there are in the schoolbuilding where I teach but I certainly do
not know of the out of the ordinary things to expect as I travel to my class
room--students everywhere, tables or desks in hallway, erected ladder to
change light fixture, book cart, half open door, well you get my point. I
even use my cane in a more confined familiar area such as the media center
during staffings. I do this for the same reasons listed above.