[blindkid] Support needed, dual enrollment

Stacy Lemmon slemmonrn at spotlight-music.com
Fri Oct 23 19:08:51 UTC 2009

Okay...I know many of you told me I'd be sorry if I enrolled Adison in a private kindergarten.  Well....you told me so. We love her school, the 11 kids in her class, the teacher, the works. Our school district sucks. I agreed to dual enrollment, I agreed to bring her to the public school for services twice weekly. I did NOT however, agree to substandard services.  I don't know whether to pull her out now and transfer her, or complete the year. I am very angry about our treatment. Apparently the school is involved with the school district over another matter and I think we've been caught in the middle. The refused to allow the vision teacher even a one time visit to help me set up her CCTV.   I was in tears yesterday after vision support, they put us in an office to work and Adison had to sort of 'squat' on the chair to reach the table to work. Usually we have access to a conference room where the vision teacher piles books up for her to sit on and reach the table....but there was a party in there.

Help!  Any support or guidance would be appreciated.

Stacy