[blindkid] Bender Gestalt test

Carly B barnesraiser at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:32:34 UTC 2009

Holly,

I did a bit of reading on the link regarding the Bender Gestalt test and
found these passages interesting:

and paper test used to make a diagnosis of brain injury."

Why are they testing Hank for brain injury?

Next:

"Precautions: The Bender Gestalt Test should not be administered to an
individual with severe visual impairment unless his or her vision has been
adequately corrected with eyeglasses."

What constitutes "severe visual impairment" in this case? I would imagine
Hank's is, and that his corrected vision is probably not "adequate," at
least as far as the test goes.

Just some things to mention on Thursday, I would imagine.

Best to you!

:) Carolynn Barnes

Message: 3