[blindkid] Canes and amusement park rides?

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 6 15:15:30 UTC 2010

We just went to Six Flags in Dallas after Convention. We rode all of the roller coasters!! We left our straight NFB canes with the
attendants, as they did not fit in the coasters. Occasionally, such as on one of the water rides and one of the coasters, they let
us stay in just a tiny bit longer and let us off back at the point where our canes were. Sometimes, my cousin, who can see went
after our canes when we were not able to get off the ride at the same point where we had left our canes. I am curious if there is a
better solution for this issue as well. My husband and I are both totally blind. In the eighties, when I tried to get on coasters, I
had to sign a release that I would not jump out if something went wrong. Of course this was ridiculous. I am glad I was not
challenged this time about riding the biggest coasters such as the Titan, Mr. Freeze, Batman,  and Flash Back.