[blindkid] praise

Rosina Solano colemangirly at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 18:02:26 UTC 2010

Okay, it might not have been asked for but I have to chime in here.  I agree with not overdoing praise, it gives the impression we will be happy with basic skills when we all know that they are capable of everything everyone else does.  However, even if your child (especially teen and preteen) does not want praise, I believe praise for acceptable behavior or jobs well done is good for them.  After all all kids even sighted ones don't want to hear their parents preach to them about drugs, alcohol, and sex, but stastics prove that even though they "roll their eyes" or whatever and act like they don't appreciate our input, they ARE listening.  So I say keep the praise rolling, but only if it is truly deserved.

Rosina