[blindkid] Technology and Little Kid

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Thu Feb 18 13:51:27 UTC 2010

I was being diplomatic. But I am here as an educator to say that narrow
minded and generationally corrupted thoughts like using only a slate and
stylus are what is keeping our youth from realizing there fullest potential
and why we still as a community experience unemployment rates which remain
unshifted for decades. Get the child a computer, kids nowadays are using
computers almost out of the womb. Ok not out of the womb, but they are using
key boards and simulated toys which promote technology awareness and skill
development as soon as they are able. Children of all abilities are like
sponges, they soak up as much information during their  toddler and pre-k
years which serves as a foundation for all their future learning
opportunities. Set the bar high, give them more then you yourself think they
can handle and handle it they will. If we as parents and elders have little
or no sense of empowering possibilities for them, they will learn to be
dependent on others and fall into this depressive cycle of SSI and SSDI
dependency and disppair. Power up that computer and set the key board up
with locator dots and let your child investigate the wonders of technology
on their own. It will bode well for them when they actually need to perfect
knowledge and usability  of these key equalizers in their future endeavors.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.