[blindkid] Technology and Little Kid

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Feb 18 18:13:27 UTC 2010

Richard:

Thanks for the ideas.  Not to be argumentative but I don't
necessarily agree with your placement of slate.  Most kids today are
not good slate and stylus users because it is downplayed by
professionals, and they get the Braille Writer first.  I started with
slate first, at six and didn't get a Braille Writer until 2nd or 3rd
grade, so I am very good with slate.  To do it the other way around
guarantees that the slate will always be a second class citizen.

Dave