[blindkid] Of the Slate and Stylus

Merry-Noel Chamberlain owinm at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 03:55:12 UTC 2010

Carlton,
Great comments here!  I personally learned on the slate & stylus and I'm pretty good, too.  I keep it with me in my purse and can always jot down a phone number or add to a grocery list, etc. - on-the-spot!  I carry 3X5 cards on a ring and use a card slate.  I don't have to worry about having something so huge (like a Perkins) or even my BrailleNote to carry around all the time.  Even my daughter, from China, learned on a slate & stylus - WHILE IN CHINA - before we adopted her.  I teach my students (and my daughter) the slate and stylus and the abacus... These are great tools!!!
Merry-Noel, TVI and NOMCT