[blindkid] Mountbatten Brailler

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 21 15:26:24 UTC 2010

Hello:

     The Mountbatten brailler has been around for several years (I think
about ten.). Some teachers like them because the buttons are easier for
little fingers than those of a Perkins brailler. My personal opinion is that
the Mountbatten is too fragile. Drop a Perkins and you will still very
likely have an undammaged machine. Drop a Mountbatten, and you may have
pieces. An extended parts and labor warranty is probably a good idea for
this device.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss

** My opinions are my own and not those of the National Federation of the
Blind or VIEW International Foundation. **