[blindkid] Update on Musical

Kim Cunningham kim at gulfimagesphoto.com
Fri Jan 22 14:01:21 UTC 2010

Good morning all,
I wanted to give you all an update on our ordeal with my daughter's participation in her high school musical. I had previously asked for suggestions in dealing with a director who wanted to remove her. Last night was their opening night performance of "The Pajama Game". My daughter was thrilled with the reaction of the audience and everything went well. While she has had a couple falls (minor scrapes) while trying to navigate scene changes and many extra hours of practice, she danced, and entered and exited the stage on opening night with perfection!
Two days ago she received the following note from the main choreographer:
"Kayleigh - I am so proud of you and all the work you have done on this show. You are an inspiration to me and all of us! Thank you, I appreciate you."
I felt so happy and proud for her. I just wanted to share the "happy side" to this story. With persistance and given a chance, our children can be successful in all they strive to do.
Regards,
Kim Cunningham