[blindkid] prosthetic eye

Bo Page bo.page at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 30 13:39:41 UTC 2010

Opt for the painted lens absolutely!

--- On Thu, 7/29/10, Samantha Parker <sparkaspirit at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Samantha Parker <sparkaspirit at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [blindkid] prosthetic eye
Date: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 10:11 PM

Thanks for all the insights.  Beverly has a rare case of the back of the eye being normal and healthy, and the front slowly deteriorating.  She actually has much larger eyes than normal that bulge out.  Her face is close to adult size and her eye sockets measured normal adult size.  Her seeing eye is not "pretty" but it's what she's got.  I do not think she would be able to wear anything over the top of it.  Her removed eye has been replaced by a solid round piece that the muscles have been reattached to. She also has a clear over-sized contact lens in place over that while she heals.  What we are wondering is if we need to get the actual painted lens or can we go without...