[blindkid] Looking for a pediatric ocularist that works well with special needs kids-East Bay area

marcia fanduiz-headley madofaro at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 15:27:33 UTC 2010

Hi, I am looking for a new ocularist in the East Bay/Peninsula Areas for my 9 yr old daughter who also has special needs. I am very unhappy with the one we have had for the past 3 yrs. My daughter has had three different ocularist due to us moving to different states. The two previous ones (Dr Randy Trawnik-Dallas, TX and Dr Yasser Bataineh, Miami, FL) were amazing. The prostheses never seem to fit right, I have asked the doc to re-shape them so they would stay in place. He never sees anything wrong with them although the asymetry between both is obvious. I need someone I can communicate with and that will be willing to work with me. I can look them up on the ocularist site but I would like to hear good references before I make a decision.

Thanks,
Marcia