[blindkid] never stands still

Heather craney07 at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jun 11 17:24:39 UTC 2010

Wow!  This is awsum.  I've heard of the peanut shaped excersize balls, but
not the other things.  I just wanted to thank you for posting these links,
and to suggest to some parents how they could afford this.  Try your local
parent's groups, especially ones for blind kids, autistic kids, ADD, ADHD,
homeschooling and alternative education.  If enough other parents are
interested you could all chip in and have a rotation schedule of how to
trade items.  For instance, one family might not pay anything towards the
gear, but the dad might install for free, the hardware in each of the other
families' houses.  Another family might pay for a toddler swing for indoors,
another might pay for a trampoline, another might pay for that spinny disk
thinggy, and kids could meet at each other's houses to play or families
could take turns with each physical play option.  We do this and I have seen
it done in many home schooling and special needs children, parenting groups
with things like sand and water tables, sand boxes, cage balls, puppet show
theatres, play kitchen sets, ride in cars, tricicles, etc.  Good luck all,
and thanks for the neat links.  I see my wallet crying in the corner and
Jeremy is going to be one happy toddler soon.