[blindkid] Letter of the week wall

Marie empwrn at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 20 13:41:57 UTC 2010

Okay, so in a renewed effort to help Jack "see" those dots as meaningful, I've created the letter of the week wall which features traditional braille and print. I've made the print letters tactile and added traditional braille to our letter card and letter magnet. I also posted a jumbo size braille cell with the dots for K (this week) darkened to teach the appropriate dots.
I'm going to get some 6-egg egg cartons and plastic eggs to practice and I'm going to see how he likes punching around with a stylus. I tried a while back but it's a fine motor task so we did not have a lot of luck.

Wish us luck!

Marie (mother of Jack born May 2005)
See glimpses of life with my determined son who is developing in his own way at his own time at http://allaccesspasstojack.blogspot.com