[blindkid] Access on Sesame Street - We need your help!

Thea Eaton thea at doodledoo.com
Sat Apr 30 22:26:33 UTC 2011

We have recently been selected to help Sesame Street improve the
accessibility on their website. They currently want to hear what the
accessibility barriers are on their website, and what will be needed to make
the site as a whole accessible to all children. This is fantastic news!

We are currently in a discovery phase. We need to gather enough evidence of
the current barriers of the site to children with a visual impairment, to
present the case to them and to receive further funding for a larger case
study and web development work. We need your help! We are calling on all the
parents of children between the ages 2-6 years old, to tell us about their
experiences in using the website and to help us determine what the current
accessibility barriers are. We would love to hear from younger children who
are already using screen readers to access the website. Also, we would love
to hear experiences of children who are not using an assistive technology.
The site is currently NOT accessible to screen readers, or in general, but
even if your child is not able to access the content, it will still help to
hear about your efforts in trying to access the content. Any feedback helps!

Please spread the word and help us by filling out this short survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NNSR2WC

We will try to reward all participants!

Thea Eaton

DoodleDoo