[blindkid] on the subject of perspective

Carol Castellano blindchildren at verizon.net
Sat Jan 15 02:09:43 UTC 2011

I very much enjoyed watching this video, and especially seeing
Esref's smile as he completes his task.  What amazes me, though,
after 26 years in "the blindness biz" from the consumer point of
view, is not that Esref can paint and handle perspective, but that
the sighted public, including lots of people with doctoral degrees,
can be so dense!!!  Because THEY didn't know that blind people could
do this (or at least that gifted blind artists could), it is called
incredible, ground-breaking, and historic.  Because THEY named a
certain part of the brain "the VISUAL cortex," it astounds them that
it could be used by any other sense.  Seems to me they really need to
get out more!  :-)

Carol

Carol Castellano
973-377-0976