[blindkid] on the subject of perspective

H. Field missheather at comcast.net
Sat Jan 15 03:03:31 UTC 2011

Oh Carol, :)
How terribly, tragically true. How about the opening line about the
fact that a genetic defect left him without eyes but gave him an
incredible power. Dear dear. Proves yet again that degrees and other
such pieces of paper in no way ensure us that we can expect any
commonsense what so ever from academics.

Why do they act as though his ability to draw or not to draw this
building will somehow take away from his achievements as a wonderful
artist and that his passing their silly little experiment somehow
assures him his place in history. If he is a wonderful artist then he
has his place in history.

I think I'll write to the researcher and, after suggesting some
readings and videos he could peruse for his education on matters of
the blind and blindness, I will indeed suggest that they get out of
the research lab more often.

Regards,

Heather