[blindkid] on the subject of perspective

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Sat Jan 15 15:35:05 UTC 2011

>From what I've read about Esref, he worked with great determination and
perseverance to master drawing.  He began as a small child drawing with a
stick in the sand, and constantly asked for comments and ideas from sighted
viewers, especially his father.  He would attempt to draw in perspective and
repeated each drawing again and again until he got every detail.  My point
is that he did what most people do who become proficient at a skill - he
practiced and got feedback and practiced some more.  This video makes it
seem as though Esref's talent simply happened by magic.  Surely many other
blind children could draw if they were only given the opportunity to learn!

Debbie