[blindkid] New Family

Steve and Karen Leinart s.leinart at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 17:59:53 UTC 2011

Congratulations Heather!  We've adopted 4 children and 2 of them have
visual impairments (1 is blind) and were just under 3 when they came
home.  I wouldn't worry too much about language acquisition.  Both of
our boys were able to understand simple instructions within a couple of
days.  One of our boys was quite the talker, and went from speaking only
in Chinese to mixing Chinese with English within a couple of weeks.  By
the end of a couple of months, he spoke only in English, and when I
asked him to use his Chinese, he told me "Chinese all gone".  We also
live in the Chicago area.  I hope you're able to travel and bring your
son home soon!
Karen Leinart