[blindkid] New Family

Carol Castellano carol_castellano at verizon.net
Mon Jun 27 15:25:04 UTC 2011

Hi Heather, congratulations on your new child, and welcome to the list.

Our group has a wonderful parent contact in Chicago, a great group of
parents there, and excellent annual activities.  Here is the contact
info for our parent contact, in case you do not have it yet.

Debbie Kent Stein
dkent5817 at att.net

Debbie is a blind adult who has had a very interesting career.  She
has worked as a social worker in NYC, lived in Mexico and started a
school for blind children there, and has been a successful writer of
books for children and youth for many years.  She has also worked
extensively with blind children & teens and their families.  Right
now, Debbie is also the editor of our national magazine, Future
Reflections.  She is a wonderful person and you are lucky to be in
the same town so that you can get to know her!

Best wishes,
Carol

Carol Castellano
Director of Programs