[blindkid] Youth Activities at National Federation of the Blind of California Convention.

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:54:09 UTC 2011

if you are a student,  new to the NFB and will be at  the NFb of
California state convention (or live in  California and  would like to
drop by) then please read on!
Greetings Students!
  Are you a middle school, high school, or college student?
Do you want to meet students like you?
  Are you looking for a place to talk about Growing up and Learning as
a blind student and youth?
 Do you want to learn more about the National Federation of the Blind
from young people like you?
 Do you like Music and Free food?
 If you have answered “yes” to most of these questions, then please read on!

 The National Federation of the Blind of California will be holding a
series of youth and student-driven events at our 2011 state convention
on Friday, October 14th, at the Hilton Newark/Fremont (39900 Balantine
Avenue, Newark, CA)
We   Start it off with a little bit of Braille fun! – That’s right,
slate and Perkins brailler games highlight this activity that is sure
to get both your fingers and your mind going, and is sponsored by the
NFBC Youth program.
Next, drop on by the California Association of Blind Students business
meeting and Seminar, where you get to hear about what fellow students
are doing and learn how you can get involved in changing what it means
to be a blind student.
Then after all of the excitement, come back and chill out with fellow
first-time convention going students and new comers to the Student
scene at the Student chill-out!
 This relaxed and fun open discussion about all things student, is
sponsored by the nfbc youth program and will take place concurrent
with the parents division meeting.   Bring yourselves, a friend and
some music, and we’ll take care of the rest.
 For More information about Braille fun or the Youth chill out,
including times and Locations, please contact Serena Olsen (Braille
fun) at: olsen.serena at gmail.com
 ! Or Darian Smith   (Youth Chill out at Dsmithnfb at gmail.com
  Thank you and we can’t wait to meet you
!

--
Darian Smith

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.