[blindkid] heavy duty braille labels?

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Thu Oct 6 04:30:31 UTC 2011

Does anyone know of a good solution to produce permanent braille labels? I'd like to be able to occasionally install metal tags with braille on them in places. Think of a little piece of sheet metal with rivets or screws holding it on. Sort of like metal ID tags that some schools use to mark property, but with braille on them. The same process might be nice to make a braille award up, for example.

Seems like a slate and stylus sort of approach would work, but the metal needs not to be dented by the slate when held, and the stylus would need to be designed not to break and not to hurt your hand when you push the metal dots into the metal.

I'll bet a solution exists, but I can't seen to find it. Any ideas? Definitely something fancier than Dymo Tape would be nice.