[blindkid] Seeking Advice & Concrete Suggestions on School District E-Accessibility

DrV icdx at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 18 20:09:32 UTC 2011

Thanks Sally for this & your last email.
Sorry for not getting back to you. I've been caught up in beginning of the
school year stuff.
I would really like to see this issue propelled to the front of list of
priorities.
I will definitely post a summary or compilation of the various responses.

We finally redid our home internet security system, so now the boys can
access email & the net from home on their BrailleNotes. Both are much more
comfortable on their BrailleNotes than laptops & other gadgets.
We have been working with both to get them more excited about
non-BrailleNote tech.
We don't have an iPad yet, but it looks like I will need to jump into that
sometime this year - I figure we have a year before both boys will need to
start using the iPad for school.
I can't imagine how much planning it must take to move to the other side
of the world. I visited Australia twice - once in college & once in
medical school - both with Lithuanian Youth functions - it was a wonderful
place to visit & everyone was so nice.
How are the schools & services there?
Is there an NFB-eviqualent there?
When are you moving?