[blindkid] Private schools in Chicago area?

Bernadette Jacobs bernienfb75 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:59:03 UTC 2012

I'm with you all the way Denise!!!

When we first put our Daughter Virginia into the public school just
down the hill, the whole year went completely sour from beginning to
end.  The TVI here for this end of Baltimore County???  TVI straight
from Hell!!!  What a piece of work!!!  Because Virginia has some
residual vision, there were lots of issues with her trying to look at
the books rather than using her fingers to read the Braille.  When I
recommended the good old "sleepshades..."  Then, Vierginia has a few
behavioral issues, (without going into too much detail), and, of
course, I suggested things and those fell on deaf ears as well.  Then,
most importantly, there was the issue of Braille... How can you teach
something to a child when you don't even know it yourself???  When you
were too lazy, lazy, lazy, and incompetent to learn it in the first
place...  Oh Glory!!!  Better get out of this soap box before I
drown!!!  So, when we talk about having a completely incompetent TVI
being worse than having none at all???  Got that right!!!  Take care
and have a great day!!!

Bernie