[blindkid] DVS list?

SCDUFFLEY at aol.com SCDUFFLEY at aol.com
Fri Dec 7 16:00:51 UTC 2012

This discussion has been helpful to me.  I actually checked my local
library and had a very good conversation with the person who purchases and logs
in new materials.  Since our state library (for the blind)no longer
purchases  material for DVS, (we currently have a couple of hundred titles  on VHS
on general loan from our state talking book library), I asked my  local
library  to please set up a link for those materials that have  the DVS.  To his
astonishment, only one title in all the NH database in our  area came up
with a DVS.

He had never heard of DVS, so we talked over 30 minutes on  why and  how
this could happen.  They do have a search for the hearing impaired, so  why
not the blind?  He is excited to bring this up at his next meeting with  those
involved and he said he would also check his media supplier about future
purchase of DVS titles.

If anyone else has any library experience with this, I 'd be glad to know
about it.

Good day everyone!

Christine

In a message dated 12/7/2012 10:43:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,