[blindkid] made my day

Julie Yanez jyanez112 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 05:29:52 UTC 2012

I'm so sorry for your mishap. I've had social services called on me once
because I spanked my 10 year old on the hand. She had knowingly slammed the
bedroom door on her 3 year old brother. His forehead hit the knob and he
nearly needed stitches. So along with a spank for slamming the door period,
then on top of that getting her brother hurt, she was sent to bed with no
music or TV. That's equivalent to torture for her.
Her comprehension and being able to explain events and the order in which
they occur is delayed. Has always been. It's a major issue we work on.
Reading a story, then explaining what happened when. She can't do that. So
when she was asked what she did the over the weekend, everything came out
her mouth in the wrong order. I sounded like thee worst parent. A police
officer even came to our home to question her and see her home environment.
I was soo mad that the school never called me to tell me what she had said
and gave me no chance to let them know what really went on before they were
quick to make a police report. I wanted her TIV replaced! Especially after
being with my kiddo for 4 years now and knowing how she gets her stories
confused.

Best of luck with everything. They seem to make everything harder on us
parents of the blind as if we can't parent our child.