[blindkid] made my day

Thea Eaton thea at doodledoo.com
Wed Dec 12 07:08:39 UTC 2012

Oh, on the hand? That is not by definition called a spanking, is it? In any
case, teachers are mandated to report when a child says he or she is hit by
a parent, and could be penalized for failure to report with a misdemeanor.
If there is no nurse on staff to examine whether there were bruises or
injuries, they might report directly to social services. You are probably
right to think that they might have acted more drastically because of her
disability, but depending on the story she told, any child could have
prompted the social services call. Spanking is a very sensitive and
controversial subject, and they probably didn't want to take any risks.

Thea