[blindkid] made my day

Julie Yanez jyanez112 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 07:26:38 UTC 2012

She let them know it was on the hand. But the order in which she told the
story made it sound as if I disciplined her for no reason, then she closed
the door on her brother.
My point is that I feel the school went a little overboard because my child
is blind. They know her disability is beyond being blind. She also has lack
comprehension and understanding when she has to remember and re-tell a
story. And I'm now seeing that I wasn't the only parent of a blind child
that feels the school went a little too far. In my case, I wasn't even
called. I was in shock when a police officer was at my door asking to speak
to my daughter.