[blindkid] I need help

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 05:49:08 UTC 2012

Sonya.. I have a lot more I will say later because I am pretty busy but go
with your gut. YOU are right and they sound like they are clueless. If he
has "enough" vision he shouldnt be at the school for the blind. The earlier
he can get introduced to braille the better. My daughter didn't lose her
vision till she was 6 and she has been playing catch up since. Learning
braille as he learns print will help him learn BOTH better and will help
him learn to read. My daughter can see some letters (if they are really big
) but she couldn't read tell she learned braille and now when she sees
print (that's huge) she can read that too.
-Penny