[blindkid] I need help

Carly B barnesraiser at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 13:53:18 UTC 2012

Hi Sonja,

Being Christmas morning I cannot write very much right now, but your
situation sounds very much like ours. My son was 5 and "had enough vision"
(so they said) and would never need Braille. I was also told that learning
Braille and print was too much. Long story short, he got Braille (after a
fight that the NFB fought on our behalf) and he is now 10 and a very
competent dual reader of Braille and print.

You can e-mail me offlist if you like and I can fill you in on what our
battle looked like, how we won it, and early IEPs.

Blessings, and Merry Christmas!

:) Carolynn aka Brian's mom