[blindkid] I need help

Jessica Rolando itzaart at aol.com
Thu Dec 27 21:27:41 UTC 2012

Your son is most certainly ready for a cane, my son has had his since he was 3yo. His skills now at 6yo are very advanced, estimated as even twice  his age. The confidence and information that a cane imparts is invaluable. As to braille, unless he can see enough to ALWAYS, not just now,  maintain the same reading level of his non-vi counterparts, braille is the way to go. only with braille can he meet or exceed the same reading standards as non-vi. Again the earlier the better I think.

Jessica Rolando
itzaart at aol.com