[blindkid] How to answer questions

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 20:09:03 UTC 2012

Be honest.  blindness is best handed head on. I am always honest with my
children. My son knows he has  a chance of becoming blind too.   When i
become comfortable calling my daughter blind she became more comfortable
with it.  Its really important to me that my daughter is comfortable in her
own skin. I just work at making sure she is aware of great role models who
are both sighted and blind.

--
--Penny