[blindkid] Ben's Braille

Phouka Phouka at kc.rr.com
Tue Mar 13 18:25:48 UTC 2012

Dear Ben's Mom:

I agree with Denise:  your son needs books that he wants to read.  I can't
speak for braille literacy in particular, but with literacy in general, I'd
argue that it doesn't matter what you read as much as it matters that you
read.  Are there fun magazines in braille he might be interested in?  Are
there book series his peers are reading that he might like too, like Harry
Potter back in the day?  If you can key in to his interests, you might be
able to get him to read more, and the more he reads, the better at it he
should be.

Good luck!!

--Eddie's Mom

Follow our adventures at http://peanutandphouka.wordpress.com

Join Eddie's Entourage for the 2012 Trolley Run!  Learn more at
http://trolleyrun.kintera.org/eddiesentourage

Need magazines?  Jewelry?  Outrageously expensive cookie dough?  Check out
http://www.efundraisingonline.com/eddiesentourage