[blindkid] Braille ReadingRates??

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:10:32 UTC 2012

Abby really does well learning contractions from almost the beginning.
 Abby learned the alphabet and than started to learn the
alphabet contractions right away.  Most books are contracted.  A benefit to
learning contractions early also is in the beginning a child is reading
with someone and when a new contraction comes up we review it. It can be
part of the adventure in read.   We find a new contraction and if she isn't
sure about the dots we look it up.    If you delay introducing contractions
I really believe it will be harder for the child to keep up with their
peers.
-Penny

--
--Penny