[blindkid] tech general in IEP

Rosina Solano colemangirly at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 13:50:14 UTC 2012

Okay, all this laptop and braille note is getting me ready to ask a couple questions.  Okay, my school district has been great with braille, but horrible with technology.  My son is in 9th grade and still brailling all his homework.  Getting ready to take them on with tech.  Cost is only part issue since we already have both a braille sense and a laptop with jaws that we have at home.  I just need to get training for him on it.  He goes over some stuff with his TVI every other day, when he sees her, but she is not tech and this is becoming silly.  How do you get the tech into the IEP and what are some general goals concerning tech that we should be aiming for?  I know that if he could be downloading some of his own books, that would help with cost for the school down the road, as well as the TVI's time brailling all his work, if he could do it all on the computer.  Being not so tech myself, I am a little lost down this road.

Rosina

Rosina Foster
www.tadpoleacres.webs.com
MOPBC Missouri Parents of Blind Children