[blindkid] Bullying the blind

Julie Yanez jyanez112 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 20:16:33 UTC 2013

Hi listers,
As we all know, ppl can be mean at times. My daughter is 11 and currently
I'm having to deal more and more with kids at school being bullies. Its
even gotten to point of being physically bullied. I'm now fighting with the
school district to do something drastic. I'm livid. There have been 3
separate incidents in less then 2 weeks now.
As a parent in itself, and a mother to a blind child, I need help with how
I should ease her through all this. I don't want scare her or give her
false hope that this will end. I know someone will always have something to
say about her. Have any of you all have had to have the "bully" talk? What
are some "do and don't" say things?

Thank you all.
Julie