[blindkid] Bullying the blind

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 23:16:56 UTC 2013

All those things are awful. Talking to the principal and the
perpetrators' parents is right on. When I was 13, a boy in my class
sent me an email which stated rather explicitly that I used my cane
for sexual gratification. My father called the boy's parents and he
was grounded from the Internet for a month. After that he never
bothered me again. I suspect that if the parents hadn't gotten
involved, nothing would have happened.
Arielle