[blindkid] GROUP SESSIONS

Maria Ceferatti mcef869 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:16:12 UTC 2013

Hi Heather,

My name is Maria and I'm part of a group, but we don't meet in person.

It's a parent telesupport group sponsored by the Jewish Guild for the Blind. They offer a few different groups depending on the eye condition of the child. My son has ROP so I am part of that group on Thursday nights.

The program is free and for me, it has been invaluable. The mom's share experiences with doctors, school districts, therapists, etc. and we support each other through difficult and even wonderful times with our children. There are a couple of mom from New York City on the call.

You can find out more information on the Guild's website under telesupport groups.

Best of luck,
Maria