[blindkid] To Sign or not To Sign

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Feb 23 05:03:17 UTC 2013

My gut feeling is the same as yours.  It seems to me that the "spotlight" effect is going to be greater than the positive effects would be.  The cane should
be an adequate notification, I would think.  Remembering my days as a blind kid, I would have been embarrassed to know that there was a sign about
me.  As a parent, I know that one tends to try to find anything that can protect our kids, but I agree with other posts that even raise the possibility that
pointing out to the world that there is a child that some would think of as vulnerable isn't helpful.  .

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson