[blindkid] Disneyland for four year old

Alison Stephens amspencer at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 15:07:24 UTC 2013

Thank you to those who responded to my question about Disneyland.

We took Nate there, and we all had a good time and it worked out really well.  The day was long and we survived there until after dinner.

Some of the rides that I thought were going to be the better ones were not necessarily so.  He definitely liked the motion aspect of the rides.  However, a lot of the rides were actually quite noisy, with sounds from one section blending into those from another, or just a lot of background noise.  The rides he liked better were those with voices or a story that could be heard clearly, e.g. the Peter Pan ride.  He also liked the kiddie roller coaster.

This day at Disneyland was part of a week's vacation in California.  We spent more time than we ever have with him walking around in crowds with his cane.  We experienced more people bumping into the cane than we ever had.  One time at a playground, a man rushed by him without noticing the cane, ran into the cane, which whipped it out of Nate's hand with some force and sent it flying several feet.  All new things we are learning.

Regards,
Alison