[blindkid] SSI question

Leah Pratt Roberts hikingshoes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 13:49:03 UTC 2013

First, my child is young. I have no direct experience with the problems of lack of independence in blind young adults in the US, and I realize they do exist.

But I am shocked that FR would publish  a piece that 1) factually misrepresents SSI to such a great extent; and 2) subtly encourages that noninvolvement and ignorance about rules related to SSI is acceptable.

The piece is filled with propaganda. I understand the value of dramatic stories in warning people, but the misinformation in the piece could harm  families.

I'll rejoin the discussion after I've picked my jaw up off the floor.

Leah