[blindkid] PE in middle school

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Sat Mar 16 06:35:12 UTC 2013

It sounds like there are very legitimate medical reasons to heavily adapt or avoid PE entirely. It makes total sense to discuss this with your doctor, decide what you and the doctor feel are appropriate medical limitations and then take a letter from the doctor supporting the limitations you wish to be honored/enforced.

I would have that in hand to avoid the entire process of justifying your initial requests. The last thing the school is going to want to do is violate doctors instructions, potentially putting your child at risk, and exposing itself to huge liability if anything they do which violates such medical advice (that has been so clearly conveyed) causes any sort of problem.

Sent from my iPhone