[blindkid] Audio Books for Libray time

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Thu Nov 14 14:45:50 UTC 2013

I had a student who told all of her friends and teachers that her math
book was 64 volumes long so she had more work than the other kids.  I
told her and her teachers that the book was no different but braille
and tactiles take up a lot of room.

Does the school keep some braille books in the library that he can
check out?  If not, he can request books from NLS or download them on
his PDA if he has one.  This is a good time for him to begin
advocating for himself too.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053